Based on Sony Pictures Entertainment?s Columbia Pictures? upcoming feature film, Spider-Man 3 allows players to experience the actions of heroic red-suited Spider-Man and, for the first time ever, his darker, more mysterious black-suited persona. Set in a larger, dynamic, free-roaming New York City, the game gives players the freedom to choose their own gameplay experience through multiple movie-based and original storylines, fully integrated city missions and performance rewards including improved speed, combat maneuvers and agility. In Spider-Man 3, players draw upon Spider-Man?s completely revamped combat abilities as they protect the city and defeat nemeses using expanded aerial fighting, finishing moves and dynamic webbing during missions and epic boss battles.
Even the noblest of Superheroes has a dark side. Unleash it. This is Spider-Man like you?ve never seen before. BOLDER. Feel the rush of protecting NewYork as the heroic Spider-Man plus feel the thrill of becoming the more a ggressive Black-Suited Spider-Man-unleashing your powers while struggling against the darkness that threatens to tear your world apart. BIGGER. Explore the most massive most detailed New York City ever in a Spider-Man game roaming from skyscraper to subway and beyond. BETTER. Not only does next-gen technology raise the bar in gameplay a unique combat system and unprecedented freedom to call the shots make this the most fun and exciting Spider-Man gaming experience ever.
- Feel the adrenaline of the Black-Suited Spider-Man ? Unleash new abilities and powers, but watch out ? the rush of intensified powers could overwhelm you
- More freedom than ever ? Enjoy unprecedented freedom as you swing through the city. Roam anywhere and explore the most massive, detailed New York City ever seen in a Spider-Man game
- Battle 10 of Spider-Man?s most infamous enemies from the movie and comics, including Sandman and Venom
- All-new combat system ? Empower both Spider-Men with suit-specific powers and abilities ? with new attacks and finishers for both Classic and Black-Suited Spider-Man
- Manhattan in the game is far bigger than in Spider-Man 2 and is actually the biggest city made for a Spider-Man video game. The game will also feature over 20 miles of sewers and subways. This is definite for the next-gen and current-gen games; the handhelds will have a free-roaming environment also, but no size is confirmed.
- Spider-Man has a brand new combat system that was worked from the ground up and includes more aerial moves and web attacks, something the game designers really wanted to add into it. This is in every single version of the game. For the Wii, the motion sensors will be used during combat, the nunchuck will be Spider-mans left hand while the remote will be the right, moving both the nunchuck and the remote in different directions will cause Spider-man to do different attacks.
- In the Wii version, the motion sensors will also be used for web-slinging as well as combat. Again, the remote & nunchuck will be Spidey?s left & right hands, flicking the remote or nunchuck while in the air will fire a webshot in the direction you flicked, handy for when you need to go round corners.
- Part of the game puts the player in control of the Black Suited Spider-Man where Spider-Man?s combat system has more brutal moves and a ?Rage? system that allows the most aggressive moves in the whole game. Also note that on the Playstation 3 & the Wii you can get the black suit at anytime during gameplay.
- Rather than cutscenes, the game will feature cineractives that are button sensitive. Game director Chris Arcer explained that all the gameplay is playable, including what would be included as a cinematic. Cineractives are motion based on Wii version.
- There are 10 storylines (one of which is the movie storyline) and all the crime is caused by 4 rival gangs that will interact differently as the Artificial Intelligence in the game is improved due to next-gen technology.
Minimal system requirements (OMG):
- CPU: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
- CPU Speed: 2.8 GHz
- System: RAM 1 GB for Windows 2000/XP or 1.5 GB for Windows Vista
- Operating System: English version of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000/XP/Vista
- Video Card: 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant AGP/PCIe 256 MB onboard memory hardware T&L-capable video card with Shader Model 3.0 support and the latest drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT+ / ATI Radeon X1300+)
- Free Disk Space 6 GB of uncompressed hard disk space (plus 600 MB for the Windows swap file)
Size: 1 DVD, 4.10 GB, 89 x 50 MB